Two men are on trial in London for a horrific killing which left the victim’s guts “spilling out of his belly”.
/“The knife entered his belly and cut the aorta, the main artery in the body, causing massive and fatal blood loss. The whole attack was recorded on CCTV…
/London mayor Sadiq Khan, who represents the left-liberal Labour Party, claimed as recently as March this year that London is “the safest global city in the world and one of the safest cities in the world”.
However, police crime statistics show that the city does, in fact, appear to be in the grip of a crime wave, and is now more dangerous than New York City — once so notorious for lawlessness that it became a regular setting for thriller films such as Charles Bronson’s Death Wish.
A selection of statistics on crimes ranging from assault to firearms offences show the scale of the problem:
- 1,229,260 offences of violence against the person, an increase of 19 per cent on the previous year.
- 129,700 sexual offences, an increase of 19 per cent on the previous year.
- 45,100 rapes, an increase of 22 per cent on the previous year.
- 36,998 offences involving a knife or sharp instrument, an increase of 26 per cent on the previous year.
- 6,696 offences involving firearms, an increase of 27 per cent on the previous year — despite draconian controls on legal gun-ownership…
- Mayor: ‘London is safest city in the world’