- Sheikh Zaid Alsalami is involved with Nabi Akram Islamic Centre in Granville
- A phone belonging to the imam from Sydney’s west posted WhatsApp images
- They featured body shots of women at the airport along with sleazy comments
- The WhatsApp message in his number remarked on the appearance of women
- The group messages included ‘no bra’ and ‘everyone was looking at her’
- Are you the woman in the pictures?
An Islamic sheikh in Sydney’s west allegedly took invasive pictures of random women at an airport before uploading them to social media with mocking and sleazy comments.
‘I arrived. This was her. Walahi. No bra,’ he said, using the Arabic term for ‘I swear to Allah’.
However, the sheikh declined to say if he or someone else took the images, even though the WhatsApp messages featured his mobile number.
‘I don’t really know if I took that or not. What’s wrong with someone taking a picture like that? I don’t understand,’ he told Daily Mail Australia.
‘I was holding my misbaha the whole time.’
In another message featuring images of a woman’s legs, Sheikh Zaid described another woman as being ‘mutt-able‘.
Muta is the term for a temporary marriage in Islam, which can also mean prostitution.
Sheikh Zaid, is also married with children, which could suggest he is advocating polygamy.