After making a video showing Muslim terrorists destroying a church and holy objects, an ISIS soldier held up a picture of Pope Francis and declared the group is going to strike at the Church itself as part of its war on Christianity.
They promised an attack on the Vatican and an attempt at murdering Pope Francis himself according to a recent report:
A top aid for Pope Francis has admitted that the latest Islamic State video that targets Pope Francis is prompting concern but said the pope won’t be making any schedule adjustments.
“I saw, yes, yesterday that video that was shown on TV: evidently, one cannot avoid worrying. Especially because of this senseless hatred that there is,” Vatican Secretary of State Cardinal Pietro Parolin said on Saturday, according to Crux Now.
Still, Parolin shared that he is unaware of any new security measures that the Vatican will be taking as a result of the video, which was released last week…
- Video: Muslims Tear Down Crucifix And Destroy Church
- Pope Francis denounces the “intolerable brutality”of ISIS